Friday, September 12, 2008

Farewell my friend

It would be hard to understand death it if were not for the gospel in our lives but having someone from your graduating class and close friend die suddenly and tragically puts your life in perspective.

I will miss my dear friend Iamafana Lameta, a convert to the church during our senior year of high school at Church College of Western Samoa, who was until his death serving as bishop in his ward, passed away yesterday from a brain aneurysm. He leaves behind a faithful wife and five beautiful children.

He was an incredible friend who lived a humble life dedicated to serving his fellow men. His passion in life was translating church publications and talks by General Authorities during the church's General Conference sessions. I loved the man as my brother and know that I will see him again one day.

No comments: