Sunday, October 12, 2008

Writer Unblocked

I had the opportunity of interviewing this 'kid' (Rey Maualuga - USC Trojan) for Spasifik Magazine (a Pacific Islander publication based out of New Zealand) a few weeks ago and finally blasted through my writers block. Its been bugging me (kinda) for the past year. Much of it was self-imposed after years of listening to the same 'ol, tired sports cliche's and quoting the compulsory laundry list of lawlessness that has become a prerequisite for college and professional athletes gone bad. But I've decided that its all part of the job and honestly, people just can't help being....people?

So I'm back in the game and it feels good to get the creative juices flowing again. What's next? A screenplay? Finishing that novel that I've been talking about for years? A film treatment? Who knows. What I do know is that I'm having a blast with the hate mail.

1 comment:

CPT K said...

Didn't he get hurt?