Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 2008

There's a rumor going around Lehi that the Matua boys have a "very serious" dad. In other words....he doesn't like kids. So, like thousands of Californian's who went door-to-door to post fliers to petition the aid of its citizens (and illegals) to vote for Prop 8, I went door-to-door in my own neighborhood to inform everyone that I'm not "serious", I just don't like neighbor kids....I'm kidding....I think.

Actually, since I'm too serious, I decided to leave town over Halloween so that Jen and the boys might enjoy the festive environment of Halloween fun and trick-or-treating with me asking, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

So while they ran around the rain sodden streets of Lehi, compelled by the need to gather as much candy as possible and fueled by a sugar-induced high, I was on the streets of Waikiki watching adults act like children.

The boys are still talking about the 'Silly Adventures of Bat Girl (Manaye) and her trusty side-kick Belle (Lana)' who were very entertaining throughout the night and quite boisterous in their chorus of Trick-or-Treat at each door. Or, how Belle would yell out, "Bat Girl! Bat Girl!" when no one was home. And who can forget the Oompa-Loompa's who thrilled a throng of ghosts, goblins and Jabbawoockie's dancing to Thriller in the middle of the street?

I have to say, I may be too serious for my own good, but I sure would have loved to have been there to join in the fun.

4 comments:

jen&boys said...

Fabulous costumes! We always look forward to seeing what the Matua Boys will be for halloween. Another great year!

5ofus said...

Seti you serious. I just cannot quite picture it. I guess I have never seen that side. We were in Lehi having family pictures done by Peek a Boo photos & there was Kingston walking down the street. Fun to see him with his gang of friends.
Leah

Ishihara Family said...

Jen
I finally checked the comments on my blog and to my suprise I found one from you!! We love your little family and miss you guys sooo much. Your boys look so scary! We need to get together now that foot ball is over and soon before Jr Jazz starts.

F@y said...

So when you were in Waikiki did you see the gold man? Crazy nut...lol!